Our Green Practices
Oregon Green Clean donates a portion of our sales to the environmental
non-profit Oregon Wild, which "works to protect and restore Oregon’s
wildlands, wildlife and waters as an enduring legacy for all Oregonians".
2014: All Classical Radio, Portland
2015: American Red Cross for Nepal Earthquake relief
2020: Oregon Zoo
Developing Green Practices
- Like many individuals and organizations, we are searching for methods that are kinder to the environment. This is a work in progress and we seek your ideas!
- Reducing packaging: Our most-used cleaning products are purchased in bulk or concentrate form, then dispensed in re-usable bottles.
- Reducing carbon emissions: To reduce employee driving, we try to assign employees to customers close to their own homes. We also try to schedule customers who live close together for service on the same day. We appreciate your cooperation with this effort!
- Reducing paper: We use paper that is chlorine-free and produced with 100% post-consumer recycled materials. We then re-use it as scrap paper, and finally recycle it. (Pages with customer or employee information are shredded then recycled.)
- Reducing plastic: We use gloves and bags that are biodegradable, compostable, and made with renewable resources.
- Reducing water pollutants: We launder our towels with non-toxic, non-phosphate detergent and chlorine-free bleach.
- Please also see our collection of local green resources.